Relax and sit in pure comfort. Let me give you a rundown on what Chairs and Sofas Leather Recliners are about and assist you in deciding which ones to consider be it chairs or sofas.
There are several types of recliners and three of the most common are the two position recliner, the rocker/wall-saver recliner and the pushback/flexback recliner.
The two position recliner got its name from its two reclining position which is the "semi" between napper position and straight sitting position.
The Rocker/Wall-saver Recliner:
Widely manufactured due to its popularity the Rocker/Wall-Saver recliner has a lot of reclining angles and as the name suggests, it can be positioned real close to the wall which is ideal for small spaces. The Wall-Saver does not have the feature of the Rocker though, but of the same class of recliners.
It is a great recliner chair in the way that it does not automatically reclines when someone is seated. The name of this recliner says it all; you have to push back into the back of the recliner to recline. The only part of this chair that reclines is the back.
Looking at the pictures do not give much as you really have to try them to see what is best for you and they are designed in such a way that they would look like normal chairs and the mechanism hidden. Think Transformers.
What is best for your Sofa and Chair Recliners? Leather or Microfiber?
Recliners made of leather are the way to go, there are cheaper alternatives like a combination of leather and vinyl and then there is microfiber. Not that leather upholstery are that expensive as leather has become more affordable that can fit the budget. But it will not hurt knowing what is out there and make the most appropriate choice.
Let us talk about the advantage of both as upholstery in your recliner.
Leather upholstery in recliners used to be quite expensive being that leather recliners are durable and quite soft to the touch which will not tear easily. Being tough and elegant looking, it does not come without a drawback though as leather tends to be hot during the summer and scratches shows easily, this though can be prevented by choosing the right grain of leather or giving your cat or dog something to chew on in place of your leather recliner.
There are different grains of leather used in any leather recliner, theres inline, bi-cast, full grain and many others of differing durability.
On the other hand, let us see what a microfiber offers.
It has become very popular alternative to leathers among other materials for upholstery, as there are more options for it to go with the style you are aiming for.
Unlike leather, microfiber material is very light and stain resistant and they do not collect lint or dust which is perfect for people suffering from asthma or allergies. It can be washed and dry cleaned without worrying about shrinkage, though not as durable as leather.
They are also resistant against rain or water so you do not have to worry about them getting wet.
And like leather, microfiber is not without a catch for they are sensitive to high temperature as they can easily be damaged when exposed to heat.
But for my own taste, I will go with leather recliner chairs or sofas. I love leather, I am biased. I do not know, I simply love leather over any other material when it comes to recliners. They look and feel like they will last for a lifetime.
Buying Lazy Boy Leather Recliner Chairs & Sofas Quick Tips
1. The price of leather recliner chairs is based on quality and cost of the production of the leather itself. Generally, qualities such as higher leather grain make the leather more durable which raises the price of the leather recliner chair higher.
2. Finer grades of leather furniture have less processing steps, which result in a more natural look.
3. To get the benefit of the look and feel of leather without the full price tag, you can consider vinyl match where the leather are on the parts that would be in contact with the body, while the back and sides of the recliner chair are covered in vinyl that matches the leather.
4. A mix of water and mild detergent is typically all you’ll ever need to keep your leather furniture recliner looking beautiful.
5. Keep your leather recliner out of direct sunlight. Sunlight can cause fading and excessive heat can make leather furniture brittle.
6. Your leather furniture may need a period of breaking in. Leather chairs have an elastic quality to them and will conform with use over time.
7. Make sure pets are de-clawed or have access to things to claw or chew on rather than your leather recliner chair as pets and leather recliners do not always get along.
Even though I have been labelled a tad OCD, I am lacking the cleanliness part that most OCD people seem to have. I have clutter. I keep everything. Throw away nothing. You never know when a school project might come about that will need corn dog sticks. … My recliner….the type that is so old and worn it looks crooked without anyone in it….GONE and replaced with a snuggle recliner…One big enough for two.
Yeah, yeah, big deal you say. But this is in a town that recently saw its Friendlys Ice Cream shut down. It’s lost Boston Market, Linens ‘n Things stands vacant, Ann Taylor packed up and went home and Lazy Boy got off his recliner and did somthing.Mail this post